Location: Sunnyside Avenue near Sunflower Road, back from the northwest corner
Occupied: 1887; rebuilt after fire in 1898
Architect: John G. Haskell, State Architect
Contractor: Mr. Schneider
Levels: one; originally two
Exterior walls, foundation, structure: Oread limestone quarried on site, squared
Roof: corrugated metal; gable
Window surrounds: limestone lintels and lugsills; casement windows set in some brick-filled door arches
Arches: nine semi-circular arches with limestone voussoirs; five are filled in; four have garage-type doors
In 2004-2005 the building was redesigned and re-purposed for the Hall Center for the Humanities.
Occupied: January 10, 2005
Architect: James R. Calcara with 360 Architecture
Contractor: Turner Construction Company
Click NEXT or select a building from the menu bar above.