Location: Jayhawk Boulevard with Poplar Lane running to the west and behind it
Occupied: East wing in 1911; west wing in 1918; central section in 1923
Architects: 1911 and 1917 — M. P. McArdle of St. Louis; Professor W. A. Griffith, head of the KU Art Department:
Charles H. Chandler, and Ray L. Gamble, State Architects
Contractors: 1911 — Hiram Lloyd Construction, St. Louis. 1912 Collins Brothers Construction, Kansas City, Missouri.
1917 — Olson-Magee Construction, Omaha
Levels: four and one half
Exterior walls: yellow buff terra cotta; green decorative plaques, and lion faces over doors
Foundations: reinforced concrete and tooled limestone
Structure: reinforced concrete and penitentiary brick
Roof: flat, built-up gravel with many small shed skylights behind parapet
Window surrounds: set into terra cotta; second-story windows under flat arch with voussoirs
Main entry: two-story decorative green terra cotta opening to the rotunda
Click NEXT or select a building from the menu bar above.