Watkins/Miller

(Narration by Judy Niebaum)

WatkinsMiller650

Location: Lilac Lane, east side
Occupied: 1926
Architect: Thomas Williamson, Topeka
Contractor: Olmstead Brothers, Lawrence
Miller occupied: 1937; Contractor: J. J. Simmonds
Levels: four
Exterior walls: yellow-buff brick, stretcher bond
Structure: supporting steel and brick
Roof: red-gray composition shingles; gable
Window surrounds: flat arch of vertical bricks; slipsills of header brick; decorative black louvered shutters
Door surrounds: two sidelights; glass transom under elliptical arch of header bricks with terra cotta limestone
Portico: two-story with four full and two engaged Ionic columns holding plain pediment
Sun room: one-story enclosed with wooden railing on roof

Site comment:


Click NEXT or select a building from the menu bar above.