Bailey Hall

(narration by Betty Alderson)

Bailey650B

Location: Jayhawk Boulevard with Sunflower Road bordering it to the north and east

Occupied: 1900
Architect: John G. Haskell, State Architect
Contractor: W. R. Stubbs Contracting Co.
Levels: five
Exterior walls, foundation: Oread limestone, quarried on site, squared; north fa├žade limestone is heavily iron-stained,
but was quarried there also; trim limestone is from Jefferson County
Foundation: Oread limestone
Structure: heavy timber and brick
Roof: red composition tile; hip; two gablets and three dormers; cornice boxed and plain
Window surrounds: segmental and flat arches with voussoirs; limestone lintels and lugsills
Door surrounds: semi-circular arch with voussoirs; decorative panels
Enclosed porch: glass and aluminum, added in 1954

Site comment:


Click NEXT or select a building from the menu bar above.